rsync'ing fails?

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Thu May 20 19:10:38 UTC 2004

I've been trying to mirror the fedora site for some time now and have
been having problems with rsync.  Any ideas?  I'm getting the following
messages.

[root at unix core]# RSYNC_PROXY=proxy:3128 rsync -av --progress
rsync://distro.ibiblio.org/fedora-linux-core/ --exclude=/development/
--exclude=/1/SRPMS/ --exclude=/test/*/*/iso/ .
Welcome to distro.ibiblio.org's rsync server!

You may mirror any of our distributions by using the "distros"
module. Simply append the name of the distribution you would
like to use. For example:

rsync -avr distro.ibiblio.org::distros/bluelinux/ /local/path/

If you will, please subscribe to our mirror announcement list:

If you have problems or questions,
feel free to mail ftpkeeper at ibiblio.org

Thanks!

receiving file list ...
100 files...
200 files...
300 files...
400 files...
<SNIP>
30700 files...
30800 files...
30851 files to consider
2/SRPMS/
2/i386/iso/
2/SRPMS/kde-i18n-3.2.2-2.src.rpm
0 0% 0.00kB/s 0:00:00
327680 0% 295.75kB/s 0:08:21
655360 0% 292.37kB/s 0:08:26
<SNIP>
101679104 68% 155.00kB/s 0:05:03
101908480 68% 158.91kB/s 0:04:54
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes: phase "unknown":
Broken pipe
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(836)
rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at main.c(880)

[root at unix core]# rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.2  protocol version 28
Copyright (C) 1996-2004 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

Peter