FC2 GRUB won't install

roman rcher at inter.net.il
Thu May 20 20:13:23 UTC 2004

Hi,
I installed FC2 final today on a clean hard drive. I didn't have any
other OS installed, and the installation went ok.

After the installation was finished, I rebooted and instead of the GRUB
prompt (splash screen and a choice of boot options) I got a single word
"GRUB" without any boot options, and couldn't boot the newly installed
FC2.

I also tried to install GRUB on the MBR in the rescue mode with the
following commands:
	root (hd0,0)
	setup (hd0)

AFAIK "root (hd0,0)" tells GRUB where to find my boot partition and the
"setup (hd0)" command installs GRUB on the MBR. But after I rebooted I
got an endless output of the word "GRUB" all over the screen...

Can anyone tell me what might the problem be, and how to solve it.