Thoughts and Questions On Yum, Up2Date. Etc.

billg billg at f-m.fm
Fri May 21 00:10:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:54:49 -0400 (EDT), "William Hooper"
<whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> said:
> Please point me to where you see "shrinkerapped retail release".

It's not in there, of course. But, do ypu really believe RedHat is
running a charity?  Fedora is a testbed, and one of the things RedHat has
said it will do in the future, if/when it is warranted, is re-enter the
retail market.

In any case, technical merit does not equate with "hard to use".  I made
it clear I was considering typical retail customers.  I know that offends
some people who seem to think that Linux ought to be maintained as a rite
of passage, but there you go...