FC2 sound problem

Joolz joolz at xs4all.nl
Fri May 21 08:11:52 UTC 2004

> [Joolz schreef op 21-05-2004 08:43 +0200]
>
> Good moring everybody!
>
> I upgraded yesterday and FC2 is still running :-)
>
> But I still have a weird sound problem. When I boot I have no sound,
> until I run system-config-soundcard and play the testsound. The
> testsound is ok, and after it's played, all progs have sound. Somehow
> the playing of the testsound forces the sound on.
>
> Anyone know what could be cuasing this? TIA!

I found an ugly workaround

[no sound]
run system-sound-config
play test sound
[sound now works correctly]
do /usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/soundsettings.cfg store
put /usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/soundsettings.cfg restore in rc.local
reboot

[sound still works]

--
10:10-10:11
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Linux 2.6.5-1.358