FC2 - only 85Hz

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Fri May 21 10:50:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 18:01, Janis K wrote:
> hello
>
> FC2 found my video cards as NVIDIA GeForce2 MX (generic) as it really is,
> and I have SONY Trinitron Multiscan E230 monitor 17'' (during the
> installation, FC2 recognized my monitor as SONY CPD E230), but FC2 Control
> Center shows ONLY 85Hz @ 1024x768 - why it is so?
>
> on WinXP my monitor works with 100Hz @ 1024x768
>
> how can I turn 100Hz @ 1024x768 on FC2?
>

> thank you

Double check the Hsync and Vsync values in /etc/X11/xorg.conf against
the published specifications for your monitor. If the published specs
are different, use them, and should your refresh rate improve be sure to
bugzilla the changes, along with the ddcprobe information from your
monitor.

--
Chris Kloiber