Kernel 2.6 and the Epia M 10000 Motherboard

Aaron Metzger aaronmetzger at comcast.net
Fri May 21 12:12:58 UTC 2004

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 22:23, David Woakes wrote:
>

>>Yes! Adding vdso=0 allowed 2.6 to boot.  I didn't let it run all the way
>>through.
>>
>>I have glibc-2.3.2-101.4 installed.
>

> Ah, from FC1 ?  That's been brought up a number of times on the list.
> You *have* to specify vdso=0 for that scenario to work.
> There's no other fix other than 'upgrade to FC2'.
>
> 	Dave

I am also having difficulties with an M10000.

By "upgrade to FC2" do you mean that a fresh install of FC2
won't work?

I was able to install and run FC2 Test 3 without issue.

I am now trying a fresh install of FC2 final and the system
reboots immediately after I hit return from the boot prompt.
  Text mode install does the same thing.

Based on this thread, I have tried "linux vdso=0" at this
prompt with no success.  Is this the correct application of
this parameter?  What does it mean?

Any additional advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron Metzger