To be or not be?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 21 12:36:42 UTC 2004

Hi Alexander

On Friday 21 May 2004 13:13, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> If in doubt do a fresh install and no upgrade.

Yea I was thinking that way I can clean out the garbage

> You mean root partition, don't you? Do you want to erase Win98SE? Yes,
> then wipe the MBR. Just erasing the FC1 root partition will not change
> anything else and just make your Fedora installation broken.

Yes I do mean root! I want to keep the Win98 I thought if I formated the root
partion then the install disk would detect the /boot /root /swap partions and
load accordingly.

> If you fear problems, no one urges you to upgrade / switch to FC2 at
> this time. Use FC1 and be happy.

No one is forcing me to upgrade but I don't want to get left behind either.

> FC1 - because of what I conclude by your thoughts.

Mmm maybe your right, Ive seen over 2000 problem postings so far, maybe I'll
wait for  FC2 v2 to come out (Or what ever revision it is).

> Alexander

Thanks for your response I didn't think any one was interested.

--
Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"