stable Fedora releases?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Fri May 21 14:18:05 UTC 2004

    Okay, up front I realize that Fedora is a hobbyist release...
but the same could be said of Debian. With that said, is there
any plan in place for eventually having a benchmark stable Fedora
release which would be equivalent to the Stable branch of Debian?
I ask because it is unclear if one will be able to install a Core
release and get access to the proper security patches without
constantly upgrading Fedora to the point of it reverting back to
a Test release (for the next Core of course). I know in the
academic environment many folks are looking at Fedora as a successor
to RedHat 9 but I am afraid it is more likely to be a Debian
Unstable type release at best.
                   Jack