stable Fedora releases?

Randy Ramsdell rramsdel at comcast.net
Fri May 21 14:46:49 UTC 2004

Jack Howarth wrote:

>    Okay, up front I realize that Fedora is a hobbyist release...
>but the same could be said of Debian. With that said, is there
>any plan in place for eventually having a benchmark stable Fedora
>release which would be equivalent to the Stable branch of Debian?
>I ask because it is unclear if one will be able to install a Core
>release and get access to the proper security patches without
>constantly upgrading Fedora to the point of it reverting back to
>a Test release (for the next Core of course). I know in the
>academic environment many folks are looking at Fedora as a successor
>to RedHat 9 but I am afraid it is more likely to be a Debian
>Unstable type release at best.
>                   Jack

Well rh9, 8 , etc.. are also hobbyist releases, which is funny that I
have installed those in my company for essential servers that must be
stable. But I guess my company isn't up to par with the big companies
that need the REAL Redhat for their servers. FUD in reverse? Or better
yet, the FUD cycle?

Oh was this what you asked?

Anyway, it would probably be better to use Debian right now.