FC 2: problems with mouse

Sven Schuster schuster.sven at gmx.de
Fri May 21 16:07:55 UTC 2004

[resending this as I'm now subscribed so that I don't have to wait
 for moderator approval. So please excuse when this message appears
 twice]

Hello everybody,

yesterday I upgraded my computer from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 2.
The upgrade took place without problems, the only issue is that I
seem to have a problem with my mouse: it doesn't work properly,
it jumps on the screen when I move it and the buttons don't work
properly, too. I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse PS/2. On my computer
I use KDE, but it also doesn't work in text mode with gmp. I've
tried the different types of PS/2 mice in mouseconfig, but none
gives me the expected (correct) behaviour.

Are there any additional settings I can make to make it work??
Please help, I currently have to use W2k as there's no way to
really work with FC2 with this mouse issue :-(

Thanks for any help!!

Sven

--
Linux zion 2.6.6-tcp #4 Thu May 13 20:39:05 CEST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
 18:05:29  up 7 days, 20:08,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.00