XFree86 gone from Fedora Core? WHY!?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri May 21 16:47:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 01:57, William M. Quarles wrote:

> I'm sorry that I have pissed people off.  I'm having a hard time
> learning anything learning anything when people keep writing
> condescending and vague replies.  You tree and fungus metaphor is nice,
> but this isn't poetry.  You still haven't explained why the XFree86
> project is, in your opinion, falling apart.  And again, I'm going to ask
> (and a bit redundantly, I admit):
----
This really has nothing to do with Fedora. The decision was made to
switch to Xorg (apparently like most if not all the other major
distro's) and it is a fork of the XFree project. Life goes on.

This endless discussion that you seeming want to promote would be better
off in private emails since it is off topic to Fedora-list.

Let's move on

Craig