Problem with FC2-i386-disc4.iso

Skoalman skoalman at skoalman.com
Fri May 21 17:29:02 UTC 2004

Hi, all.

I'm brand new to this list (as of about an hour ago), so I apologize if this
has already been discussed.  If there's an archive of this list somewhere,
I'd be happy to research for myself if someone would tell me where to find
the archive.

I am having a problem with Disc 4 of the i386 ISO images
(FC2-i386-disc4.iso).  The other three discs are all working fine, but my
copy of the 4th disc seems to be empty.  I have viewed the ISO with
ISOBuster, and don't see anything (I see stuff in the other three ISOs).  I
have downloaded it several times, and it seems to be the same each time.  I
have burned it several times, on the same burner as the other three, and get
the same result each time.  The other discs are working fine, as I have run
the install up to the point where it is asking me for disc 4.

The system I'm using to burn is a WindowsXP system, 3 GHz Pentium, with Nero
as the burning software.

Has anyone else run into this and, if so, found a solution?  I'm currently
downloading directly from the Redhat server, with no acceleration software,
so it'll be several hours before I'll know if it works.  I thought I'd check
with you all until then.

Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks!

-Tom