Why do we use grub?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri May 21 16:57:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:47:26 -0400, Chris Miller wrote:

> If grub can not install to md0 why make it so that is your only option?
> I just did a clean install of FC1 on reboot there is no mbr.

Fwiw, as a total sub-technoid I've been using grub for two or three RH
releases now, and like it fine. But this does seem the most general fedora
list. So would someone who knows give us a thumbnail rundown on why grub
was preferred, or lilo was deprecated, or both? I do what you'ns tell me,
mostly, but I like to know why -- at least when the reason is anything I
can follow ...

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know very little of what I'm talking about!