PPPoe

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Fri May 21 21:37:36 UTC 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 07:16 am, edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm having trouble with my Cayman 3546 losing sync.
> The phone co. has been here several times, but says it
> is my equipment or modem. I have swapped modems, but
> still losing sync.
>
> Is there something extra I need to do for the roaring
> penguin pppoe software for fedora?
> Thanks,

I will state for the record that my suggestion may not be applicable to your
situation. If it is not an acceptable situation, I apologize in advance. :-)

That being said, I'm running an ADSL modem here, but I'm not connected
straight to it. I've got a Cable/DSL router between my LAN (2 whole
computers) and my DSL modem. I don't have to worry about PPoE at all... and
I'm firewalled at the same time. :-)
	John