FC1->FC2 My upgrade issues - no pop?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat May 22 02:30:04 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb John Fleming um 02:55:

> I can connect to the pop server, but I get a message that either the user or
> password is wrong or doesn't exist.  Clearly I have a user john and I can
> login with the password.  I even changed the password for john to something
> very plain, but I get the same message.  I get the same type of failed login
> using Squirrelmail, which is consistent.  From the console, I can loging and
> read the email simply using MAIL, so it's something about the pop and/or
> imap servers.  Also, the same observation is true for all users, not just
> john.  Help?  Maybe I should start dovecot if it's simpler and I'm a
> newbie...   THANKS

Yes, if you do not read the Cyrus-IMAPd documentation carefully and how
to let your MTA communicate with it. you will not be able to get any
mail to Cyrus-IMAPd. Cyrus-IMAPd is powerful but also more complicate to
set up proper. I guess dovecot would be the much better choice for you.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 04:27:54 up 9 days, 2:12, load average: 0.39, 0.26, 0.27
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]