FC2: No usb or eth w/ smp kernel...

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Sat May 22 03:39:26 UTC 2004

I've just done a full install of FC2 (final) on a Tyan Tiger 230T (dual
PIII 800) based system.  I have an Intel E100 based ethernet card and a
DLink 8139too based card.  There's nothing very exotic beyond that.

With the smp kernel, ethernet drivers load, the interfaces are
configured, and routes look good, but I can't ping out at all (I can
ping each interface).  (That's with all firewalling loaded or flushed).

Also, USB devices (mouse, cdrom, etc) are not detected and fail
completely.  The only thing that shows up are the 0000:0000 devices
(hosts?).

I had no problem with FC1 and smp, nor do I have these problems with FC2
and a UP kernel.

Suggestions?

--
Drew