dag.wieers modules - Conexant HSF modem

rada and gus rada_anr at sancharnet.in
Sat May 22 12:20:59 UTC 2004

I have a presario 2800 laptop which I have used RH 7.3, 8.0, and
currently 9.  I have been using the free linuxant drivers up till now.
I installed FC1 on a second partition, but I can't get the modem fully
functional since the linuxant modem drivers are no longer free (except
for the 14K kbps version).  I saw this on this lists' archives:

> IMO: Yes! There are already modules for CF1 at
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/kernel-module-hsfmodem/

and I downloaded and installed what seemed like the correct rpms based
on my kernel no., but still can't get the modem to work.  I would prefer
for various reasons not to have to pay for the linuxant driver.

I have looked in dag.wieers website, googled and searched the archives
of this list, but can't figure out how to configure the hsf modules.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks, Gus.