Moving to cyrus mail from FC1 -> FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat May 22 14:31:55 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb Rajko Albrecht um 16:08:

> as seen there is not the old imapd in FC2, and it did install the cyrus-imap.

You did an upgrade or a fresh new installation of FC2? Cyrus-IMAPd is
then the default IMAP/POP3 server?

> Ok, but, when I login I can not see any directory formerly created, INBOX is
> missing, too.

That is "normal" as. Cyrus-IMAPd is working very differently. If you
mean by "missing INBOX" that you have no mbox file with the mail in your
$HOME, then this is because Cyrus-IMAPd uses his own mail storage
management. If you mean INBOX in your mail client then you certainly did
not set up the server correct or he is not running/listening.

> And in documentation of cyrus I didn't find anything about that, I thought it
> should run out of the box.

No, it doesn't. And the documentation contains the information.

> So: can someone give a hint, how I convert all /home/<user>/mail to cyrus,
> which way I must go, that cyrus will display the INBOX for that user, and
> them don't get a "permission denied" when try to create a folder?

http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html#92594

And as long as you don't understand how Cyrus-IMAPd works: hands off!

> Rajko

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 16:25:55 up 9 days, 14:10, load average: 0.85, 0.42, 0.37
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]