Losing internet connection on Fedora Core 2

Luís Martins gein at vianw.pt
Sat May 22 20:17:37 UTC 2004

Greetings.

I recently installed FC2 final on a PC connected to the Internet through
a USR 9003 Router (ethernet, not USB). I also have other machines
connected to the same router with no problems.
The issue I have is this: my Internet connection is lost when I use FC2.
It happens on all machines I try FC2 and sometimes the only solution to
the problem is restarting the router.

Can someone help me? I'm a linux newbie, but I've tried googling for the
problem and the only solution I've found involved a "echo" command and
it only worked sometimes and for a short period of time. After a few
minutes the connection was lost.

Thanks,
Luís