no program associations for RPMs in FC2?!

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun May 23 02:45:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 10:40, ralston wrote:
> Is it by design or by accident that there are no program associations
> for RPM files in FC2? Or is it just a fluke in my installation?
> Realized this when I tried to install a file by double-clicking it,
> which was a no go. I just set the association myself, but if this is by
> design, I don't quite get the point of doing it. Any illumination one
> way or the other?
>
> ralston

Unfortunately the "official" association for files with the .rpm
extension is to RealPlayer. I consider the lack of this association to
be a feature. That said changing it to file-roller might be a good idea.
Please run it up the proverbial flagpole by entering it as a feature
request in bugzilla, and we'll see who salutes.

--
Chris Kloiber