Dag's Firefox RPM

Sun May 23 08:45:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 07:19, Jeremy Brown wrote:
> Rory Gleeson wrote:
>
> >Well, Dag's Firefox RPM and FC2 just don't mix on my computer.  It
> >killed my bookmarks, text can't be typed in the box, etc.
> >
> >I couldn't figure out how to rollback Firefox in Yum so I did a RPM -ivh
> >of a slightly older April version of Firefox and everything came right
> >back to normal and my bookmarks and settings re-appeared.
> >
> >My question: I'm going through all the bookmark folders in
> >usr/lib/firefox/ to save them so I can easily load them back in if this
> >happens again or I lose my whole OS and have to start from scratch.  I
> >know it sounds silly, but I can't find the bookmarks file and the
> >bookmarks folders are empty.
> >
> >Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Losing my bookmarks (mainly
> >the RSS bookmarks) would be a a major headache.
> >

> They should be in your home directory.  "~/.firefox" or "~/.mozilla" I
> believe, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Jeremy

Hello,

You were almost right Jeremy :)
but firefox is still using the name of the version 0.5 for the
directory: .phoenix

You can find the bookmarks there:
/home/mythtv/.phoenix/default/ukvewqi8.slt/bookmarks.html

ukvewqi8.slt: is the name of the profile, if you have several profile
you will have several directories...

Btw, you should have a look at the firefox extension, they have a great
one which makes backup of your bookmarks! It saved me one or twice in
the past...

Hope this help!

Regards,
Ludo
http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...),...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!
--
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
@ 10:44:57 up 1 day, 21:21,  3 users,  load average: 2.06, 2.25, 2.22