MP3 in KDE on FC2

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule at beotel.yu
Sun May 23 11:05:30 UTC 2004

On Sunday 23 May 2004 11:03, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 09:28, Dusan Djordjevic wrote:
> > -Downloaded and installed libtag and libtag-devel RPMs
> > -Downloaded lame source and rebuilt and installed it (prefix /usr)
> > -Downloaded libmusicbrains source, rebuilt and installed it (prefix /usr)
> >
> > And after all this i rebuilt kdemultimedia from SRPM. During configure it
> > found lame, so MP3 should work. When I installed packages, they
> > complained:
>
> If I understand well you did not use apt or yum right?

Yes, since I have slow link, it is easier to download and install manually.

> To ease eevrything, just add livna.org to your repositories and install
> everything needed from their... It will take care of the dependencies.

OK, thanks for advice. I downloaded lame, lame-devel and xmms-mp3 packages and
installed them. I rebuilt kdemultimedia from FC2 SRPM but still no luck, I
cannot play MP3 files from KDE applications. XMMS works, but I am doing all
this to enable MP3 in KDE, since i use Juk. Juk is built, but obviously
without MP3 support, since ldd /usr/bin/juk does not mention any lib with mp3
in it's name. Where I am wrong ?

TIA...
--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)