FC2 boot floppy

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun May 23 14:35:58 UTC 2004

James LaSalle wrote:

> It's probably been asked before but I can't find it. Sooo...
> I can't boot the FC2 cdrom to install. I need a boot floppy. I
> understand the kernel won't fit on ONE floppy. What are the
> alternatives? I've done it before but I'd rather not do a network
> installation.

I'm not sure if this is relevant,
but what I do is to find diskboot.img in the images directory, and

mount -o loop diskboot.img /mnt/floppy

Then I copy all the files to a directory /boot/fedora/

cd /mnt/floppy
cp -a * /boot/fedora/

and add a stanza to grub.conf to boot from this:

title Fedora Core Boot
        root (hd0,5)
        kernel /boot/fedora/vmlinuz
        initrd /boot/fedora/initrd.img

[I don't have floppy or CD drive on this laptop,
so I download FC-2 by WiFi and install it in this way.
I don't know if there is a better way -
if anyone knows one I'd love to know.]

--
Timothy Murphy