nvidia and FC2

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun May 23 14:47:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 18:34 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Really? I see us still having problems with other brands and manufacturers
> as well, ATI being a prime example. Free Software is not automatically
> perfect, and yes we have troubles with lots of it. "None of us would be
> having any trouble" is one of the most unrealistic, ridiculous statements
> you've made so far (and boy, you've made some big ones!).

? Well, apparently you didn't notice that I was talking about the kinds
of problems we've been arguing.

I have had no problems with ATI's driver on my ATI 7500. Maybe you're
talking about the non-Free Software drivers?

In any case, I 'm pretty sure you will never have a MACROVISION problem
imposed on you, with Free Software, unlike what NVIDIA is doing right
now.

> I think that this is an issue which we need to work on, and which will
> improve over time if we work on it. I do not think your attitude is going
> to help anyone.

You've, of course, discarded all arguments based on my lengthy
experience.
You've discarded without thought that I thought like you did once, and
now I know better.

I can only hope one day you will too.

Rui