[FC2] How to add fonts?

Carlo Malfatti carlo at cmh.it
Sun May 23 19:02:25 UTC 2004

Lì domenica, 2004/05/23 alle 20:41, +0200, Coume - Lubox.com ha scritto:
> I managed find fonts, but now I have no clue where to install them to
> be
> used by Gimp?

>From the release notes:

quote
the new font file only needs to be copied into the /usr/share/fonts/
directory (individual users can modify their personal font configuration
by copying the font file into the ~/.fonts/ directory).

After the new font has been copied, use fc-cache to update the font
information cache:

fc-cache <directory>

(Where <directory> would be either the /usr/share/fonts/ or ~/.fonts/
directories.)

Individual users may also install fonts graphically, by browsing
fonts:/// in Nautilus, and dragging the new font files there.
unquote

The release notes say more about font management but this should be
sufficient.

Regards,
Carlo