Mouse (PS/2) not working in FC2

Sven Schuster schuster.sven at gmx.de
Sun May 23 22:39:08 UTC 2004

Hi again,

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 11:19:12PM +0200, Sven Schuster told us:

> Ok, now I've got it: I accidently disabled the USB Controller in the
> BIOS (Dell Optiplex GX260) and after completely turning the machine
> off and then on again (and Kudzu removing the USB Controller in the
> Configuration) the mouse works really fine :))
> So, for now the problem is resolved for me, but this is actually
> just a workaround, isn't it??

unfortunately, when I turned on my computer today the mouse didn't
work again, don't know I, I didn't touch the BIOS or any other
configuration.
But in the meantime I tested appending psmouse.proto=imps to the
kernel boot parameters, which also didn't work for me. After reading
the source of drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c I recognized that
this parameter also takes the value "bare". I tried it, and this
works for me...at the moment at least, I don't know if it'll still
work when I turn on my computer tomorrow :) (ok, but this really
should work)
But know, I can't use the scroll wheel of my mouse. I'll try to dig
into this some more and get back here if I find a final solution.

Sven

P.S.: when reading drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c I recognized
that this parameter seems to exist for some special cases, e.g.
when the computer is connected to a kvm switch. And, guess what??
I'm using a KVM switch :))

--
Linux zion 2.6.6-tcp #4 Thu May 13 20:39:05 CEST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
 00:32:49  up 10 days,  2:35,  1 user,  load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.01