I hate mailing lists

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Mon May 24 03:41:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 22:04:53 PM -0400, William M. Quarles
(walrus at bellsouth.net) wrote:
> M. Fioretti wrote:
> >I don't know about mailing list archives disappearing over
> >time. The other "weakness", however, is in idiot mail clients and
> >misguided users, not in mailing lists. Any decent mail client
> >*supports* threading, so it makes possible to "to follow
> >discussions in a sensible way".
> >
> >Ciao,
> >	Marco F.
>
> Except the threads are reassembled based on the author leaving the

Except nothing. Those you mention are not threads.

>Newsgroups actually keep track of which message is in reply to which
>other message.

Again? I wrote "Any decent mail client *supports* threading", where
"threading" means *exactly* "keeping track of which message is in
reply to which other message".

Mailing lists, or email in general, "actually keep track of which