connecting to the internet with gprs

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon May 24 04:55:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 03:11, Lorenzo Spelling wrote:
> i am try to connect to the internet with my gprs phone from fedora
> core is their a way to do this?

That depends on the phone, your cellular plan, and the method of
connecting the phone to the computer. Not to mention if all of the above
is linux compatible. For instance, my Sprint phone (CDMA not GPRS) does
work with linux to provide ~14 KB/sec transfer rates via a USB cable. No
special software required beyond the normal pppd. You will probably need
to ask your provider what information (number to dial,
username/password) and or software is needed for Windows to do what you
need, then see if linux can provide alternatives. If they need a custom
dialer program, you might be out of luck. If it uses the normal Windows
dial-up networking, you should be able to make it work.

--
Chris Kloiber