FC2 and USB-Storage

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 06:35:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just installed FC2. Perhaps it's because of kernel 2.6, but I
can't mount my digital camera (in PC mode) as usb-storage, anymore.
It did
on Fedora Core 1, but it doesn't anymore. I've tried /dev/sda, /dev/sdb,
/dev/sda1 etc without success. All I get is:

# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdisk/
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

Maybe this is a kernel 2.6 issue?
Here is my `dmesg`:

usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
FAT: unable to read boot sector

and here is `lsusb`:
# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04cb:011a Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd FinePix S304/3800

and /proc/[partitions|diskstats] don't refer to any /dev/sd* device.

The camera is a Finepix S304 and, I repeat, it could to be mounted
as usb-storage device in FC1.

Any suggestion?
--
Nuno Tavares