Samba and IP shares

Chris Botha jcbotha at cedar.org.za
Mon May 24 07:09:54 UTC 2004

Dear friends

I would like to know what the possibilities are that one can bind samba
shares to work station IP Addresses or IP range. So that all workstations
(eg: 192.168.99.0/24) will only be able to access some shares on the server
and not have access to others, and that 192.168.100.0/24 will not have
access to shares that the 192.168.99.0/24 can access. This is with username
and passwords. I would like to add extra security to the systems. I know in
globals one can set which network range can access samba, but now I want to
set it to folders for certain workstations, so that not every user on the
network can access files from every workstation on the network.

Thanks in advance.

JC