Feeling Down On Fedora

Timothy K. Wagner tkw722 at adelphia.net
Mon May 24 12:08:25 UTC 2004

Hello All!

I have a few running problems with Linux right now. I went out and bought myself a new network card so I can finally get my internet going. I bought a DWL-520. I later found out that it was the revised edition which was based off of a newer prism chipset. I have seen one website within reference to a HostAP program in combination with firmwares and drivers. That seemed really complicated. Then I also saw one saying to use the linux-wlan-ng driver package. I tried compiling that yet I failed. It said that my source location was incomplete. I'm not sure how to get that compiled correctly. So, my first question is how can I get my brandy new wireless card going?

My second situation is sound. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer. The emu10k1 module is loaded with plenty of others. When I do lsmod I found all of my modules that were loaded were the ones I should need. I've checked alsamixer and kmixer and nothing is muted. In fact, I've turned everything up, and still nothing. My modprobe.conf doesn't seem to be out of order either. So I tried compiling and installing the newest emu10k1 driver, yet that wouldn't compile either. I'm not sure where to even go with this problem now? :-\

Anyone that can offer me any insight to either of these issues it would be much appreciated! I'm losing hope in Linux! There are so many problems! Please help!

Timothy K. Wagner
tkw722 at adelphia.net