Problem editing Kde menu

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon May 24 13:20:28 UTC 2004

Raúl Moratalla wrote:

> I know what is the problem and I have tested it: I change the icon theme
> in gnome (used crystal for gnome that I downloaded) and when I run kde
> my menu has changed and I can't edit the elements and save the changes,
> except the icon of the element. It's very strange....

I never use Gnome, so thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure I don't
log in under my normal user id if I want to try Gnome out.

I presume Gnome and KDE both use the same freedesktop settings now, and that
Gnome changes it in a way that confuses KDE. It might be worth submitting a
KDE bug if it's consistent.

Jonathan