Volume Control Hell

bhartman at spamcop.net bhartman at spamcop.net
Mon May 24 18:04:52 UTC 2004

Quoting Chris Kloiber <ckloiber at ckloiber.com>:

Thanks for all the help on this!  Actually, I found the solution I was looking
for after I posted the message.  I went into Sound in the Preferences menu and
turned the sound server and system sounds on on bootup.  That fixed it.  Thanks
for all the technical info, though.  That's good to know if I ever find myself
starting from scratch! :)