IMAP Version

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon May 24 18:31:21 UTC 2004

--On Monday, May 24, 2004 12:48 PM -0500 Alex White <prata at kuei-jin.org>
wrote:

> The config file is well commented, but not matter how I spelled out the
> path for mail boxes it always wanted to use /var/mail as opposed to
> /var/spool/mail/ which seems more logical in general.

This should give you something close to the old UW-IMAP setup:

default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

However, I had to change my client (Mulberry) to use a hierarchy of "*"
instead of "mail/*". But it's acceptable as I no longer have to worry about
the server trying to treat the rest of my home directory as a mail archive.

It's also necessary to add pop3 and pop3s to the protocols setting.