Announcing Fedora Tracker

Dennis Schulz redplayer at gmx.de
Mon May 24 20:04:23 UTC 2004

Hi Brad.

It's a cool idea, but I've found a bug on this URL ^^:
"http://www.fedoratracker.org/tracker.py?mode=listRepoPkgs&repo.repo_id=49".

I see there a line with "Content-Type: text/html". Sometimes it is on top
and sometimes on bottom. I used the IE6 to view the page. It's maybe a wrong
http-header or something similar.

But again, I think your approach is a good start to realize such a database.
And I don't think that a explicit GUI is needed. A Web browser already
brings you a GUI or not?

Maybe some support could be added in tools that are involved in installing
the packages. My fantasy: You can directly search for packages in the
repositories and download and install it in a go. Perhaps some other
developer-teams are willing to do this in their projects.

Greets