Blessed -- thrice blessed -- be the developers!

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon May 24 23:18:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:08:17 -0400, Will Backman wrote:

> If you don't see your monitor on the list, you can submit the DCC info
> to the package maintainers, which will help get it supported more
> quickly.

VVDQ (Very *very* dumb question) : what's DCC info, and where do you find
it if your monitor doesn't work?

Also *how* do you submit it?

(My guess is that one of two things happened: the only other person I
found who had had the problem (or, afaik, the monitor -- yet) submitted
something somewhere; or else someone on some other list I'm on was
interested enough to do it for me, knowing I wouldn't have that skill.)

Now that it works, it does prove, as the tech at the store told me, to be
a very good monitor; I expect to see a lot more -- and to get another as
soon as I can afford it.

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Work is for people who can't hunt.