maximum file size exceeded downloading FC2-DVD.iso

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue May 25 13:50:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 14:36, ali baba wrote:
> Hi,
> my problem is not directly related to fedora, but
> hopefully somebody will help me though with my
> problem.
> I tried downloading the FC2-DVD.iso image with wget.
> Everything was fine until I got an error message
> stating "the maximum file size exceeded".

This is a known issue.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg02542.html

An easy way round it is to install Bittorrent and use that for
the download. Instructions on what exactly to do at:
http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/

As you are posting from a European address,
you should use the tracker at:
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/fedora-torrent/