keyboard stutterinngg pprooooblllem

David Stelter david at america.kicks-ass.org
Tue May 25 23:15:18 UTC 2004

Hello, running FC2 on a dual-PIII machine, using the SMP kernel,   and
I've got a weird problem. Well, as you can see in my subject, my
keyboard "stutters". I didn't dramatize that, I typed normally and
that's what came up on the screen. I've had to edit every fifth word or
so of this email to remove duplicate letters, and it's driving me nuts!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not even sure where to start with this one.
My system has never misbehaved like this before.

It only happens under X, but it can occur in any text field, including
shell consoles.

Using an IBM 'M' keyboard on a PS2 port.

Ideas?