Disabling LVM check/startup on FC2

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Wed May 26 06:37:33 UTC 2004

Optimized wrote:

>My FC2 system is installed on linux raid volume but I have no use for
>LVM.
>
>I would like to disable the lvm check on system startup since it always
>fails, how should I proceed in order to make it clean?

FWIW this issue has been discussed on the linux-lvm mailing list (see
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2004-May/msg00059.html). The
/sbin/vgscan program incorrectly returns an error when there are no
volume groups. The problem will be fixed in the next release not that
this helps us now. It is currently fixed in CVS if you wished to build
lvm2 from that.*
*

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)