feedback to NVidia [was: Nvidia Drivers]

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed May 26 08:42:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 19:28 -0500, dalen wrote:
> When Rui suggests something constructive such as a method to play
> TuxRacer without proprietary drivers, I may consider listening.  Until
> then, rui_zealotry.pl is simply troll noise on this list.

I did suggest something constructive:

  a) To use your power as a costumer to create demand for Free Software
     drivers.
  b) change your graphics card

Using the proprietary driver, which even artificially restricts the way
you use your graphics card with MACROVISION, you will never have Free
Software drivers, and you will be under the control imposed by NVIDIA.

You're calling me a zealot, but in fact the zealot is you. You are the
one who's blindly idolatring a company that wants to control what you do
with your computer.

Rui