Dual-boot problem (LBA mode question)

Ken Chamberlain ken.chamberlain at utoronto.ca
Wed May 26 13:00:14 UTC 2004

An even better idea!  Avoid the problem in the first place!  If you get the
warning that your MBR is not aligned on cylinder boundary, DO NOT REPLY
IGNORE, rather abort the upgrade!  Boot into FC1 and look at the
cyl/head/sector values for the disk in question, eg "fdisk /dev/hda" (won't
always be hda so note what disk the FC2 upgrade wanted to "fix").  Write
down the cly/head/sector values, then add boot parameter
"hda=#cyls,#heads,#sectors".  If you get the parameter right, the upgrade
won't want to "fix" the MBR.

If you already have the problem, search the fedora-test-list.  There was a
fix posted on May 19th.

----- Original Message ----- > Message: 4