Doubt! New Fedora

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Wed May 26 13:13:37 UTC 2004

Thiago Amaury Ferraz wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> We have a doubt here, we would like to know if it´s a good ideia to expend
> time to use Fedora like a network server? FTP, Internet, backup, etc.. or
> would be better to use a Enterprise version?

There is no better if there is no target in being better.
If it is for 'just a server', you can be better off with something like
ClarkConnect (http://www.clarkconnect.com/): Better pre-configured base.

If better is in better support, yes, RH prommisses ;-) to be better.

If better is in better software I don't think there is much difference between
any linux or unix implementation: most is from the same code-base.

> We used old Red Hat versions.. but.. after upgrade to the Fedora.. We left
> the use, in true we had no time to think about this.. but.. the moment
> arrived.. we are having problens with our Linux version in a backup server..
> a message "Segmentation Fault" happens all time that we try to use a remote
> tape unit.. we tried many configurations and corrections.. but nothing looks
> get work!?

Is it a local-segmentationfault or a remote one?

CBee