Changing the JVM that Tomcat uses

Jan-Pieter van den Heuvel jan-pieter at piozum.com
Wed May 26 14:29:50 UTC 2004

Yes, I've done that.
The weird thing is: before i created the JAVA_HOME environment variable,
there was no such variable. According to the Tomcat documentation this
variable must exist for Tomcat to work, but in my case it also worked
without this variable. I've looked in the /etc/sysconfig/tomcat file and in
the tomcat startup script, but i don't see a reference to the JAVA_HOME
variable.

Greets,

Jan-Pieter