keyboard stutterinngg pprooooblllem

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Wed May 26 15:34:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 16:51, David Stelter wrote:
> Are you serious? DNS could be causing this? That strikes me as a bit
> farfeched.   Sorry if that sounded rude, I'm just a little...incredulous
> :)
>
> Really though, how could that be the issue? Could you explain how you
> resolved it?
>
> I don't think that's the problem in my case, as my cacheing DNS box
> hasn't been altered, only my desktop....
> > >
> > I have run into this problem on my laptop. In my case I believe it was
> > incorrectly configured name servers causing name look-up timeouts.

If I remember correctly that was the problem. I was using "home brew"
scripts to bring up my ethernet and I was not clearing the DNS entries,
every time I brought the interface down I would have the problem. I
believe that either time update or some other process was trying to do
DNS look-ups and they were failing because the interface was down. It
must have been causing something to block because my CPU load was always
very low but my whole system was very slow. Initially I rebooted every
time I had the problem. I believe I solved the problem by removing the
DNS entries from /etc/resolv.conf.

I could not believe it either. This was on my laptop and happened with
bot wireless and ethernet.