Suspend or hibernate - how?

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Wed May 26 20:29:57 UTC 2004

Thanks for your replies. (The suggestion that I Google wasn't helpful -
I *had* been searching and reading up on this and still had specific
questions which is why I addressed them to the group).

What I didn't realize is that if I boot with acpi=off I get APM support.
Before I found this I assumed that something that worked for me in FC1
(i.e. apm -s) had been taken away in FC2 which seems a backward step.
Now I know how to get APM going it's working as well as before.

ACPI doesn't seem to work with my laptop either (maybe because it's
old). Now I've got APM and suspend to RAM back I'm happy.

Thanks guys,

Leon...