FC2 Dell latitude cpx laptop

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 27 01:12:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 20:45, William Hooper wrote:
> > First issue was the startup order for the pcmcia services.  Needed to
> > put those before the network startup since I only have network access
> > via the pcmcia slots on this machine.
>
> Didn't have this problem with my CPx.  Just don't have the NIC set to
> start on boot and you won't get any errors.

Does that keep things like nptd from failing also?  Would think network
services are needed for that at least.

Reminds of the old joke "Doctor it hurts when I do this."  "So don't do
that.".

Have not used bugzilla before.  Has there been a bug filed on the
problem of starting pcmcia after networking?  I changed the startup
order and that helps.  Still find I have to pull the card and reinsert
to get it to come up. Seems like others have similar problems.

> [snip]
> > Other than that it looks good so far.  Next I try to get a wireless card
> > to work with it......
>
> I've got an old 802.11b Lucent card that works great, if that helps.

Well I managed to get a D-Link DWL-G650 wireless card to work.  It does
not integrate very well with the network utilities but it does work. I
posted a message a few days ago describing how I got it running with the
prism54 driver.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>