keyboard stutterinngg pprooooblllem

Robert Jones kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 27 01:18:20 UTC 2004

David Stelter wrote:
> Well, seems like I "solved" it. I just turned off keyboard repeat in the
> KDE control center. Strangely, merely turning up the delay didn't help,
> as it would still do the repeat unpredictably, even with the delay up at
> 600 msec or more.
>
> Dunno, pretty weird...
>
>>If I remember correctly that was the problem. I was using "home brew"
>>scripts to bring up my ethernet and I was not clearing the DNS entries,
>>every time I brought the interface down I would have the problem. I
>>believe that either time update or some other process was trying to do
>>DNS look-ups and they were failing because the interface was down. It
>>must have been causing something to block because my CPU load was always
>>very low but my whole system was very slow. Initially I rebooted every
>>time I had the problem. I believe I solved the problem by removing the
>>DNS entries from /etc/resolv.conf.
>>
>>I could not believe it either. This was on my laptop and happened with
>>bot wireless and ethernet.

Cranking the delay up to 600ms _appears_ to have worked in my case.  The
interesting thing is that this problem did not exist in FC1 nor in
RH7.3.  I can't remember for certain about RH7.2 but I know that first
it was, then it wasn't and now it is.
There are several things about FC2 that make me damn glad I still have
FC1 intact on another drive. Time will tell...