Sonic Question

archie benton abenton at buncombe.main.nc.us
Thu May 27 02:07:30 UTC 2004

My sound was working nicely in FC1 and today I upgraded 2 machines to
FC2 and now no sound. I love everything else about FC2 though. On my
home machine I get an error message "error activating XKB
configuration--probably an internal server problem...if reporting as bug
result of xprop -root| grep XKB, the result of gconftool -2 -R ... and
so on". Anyway, as root I can get sound working by running
/sbin/modprobe snd-cmipci. When I run the system-config-soundcard it
doesn't work. My question is this: how can I get this snd-cmipci to
stick? I'm not real sure what config file I need to edit. I can poke
around but... I'd rather not blow myself up this week.

Archie Benton
abenton at buncombe.main.nc.us