FC2 ate my system

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Thu May 27 04:58:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Roy Brown wrote:

> Still no luck.  I tried rewriting the MBR with Windows 2000's FIXMBR from
> the repair console.  That didn't work.  I reinstalled FC2 and tried Jack
> Aboutboul's instructions on fixing the drive geometry table.  I still can't
> install Windows 2000.  Any other ideas?  If not, I guess I'm off to buy a
> new HD.  Grrrr.  Thanks for trying to help.
>
> Roy

Well, if things have gone that far (new drive) then I would try using your
disk manufacturer's software to do a low level format.

Go the the manufacturer's website and do a search for their
diagnostic/test programs.  They usually have a low level format program
that will completely rewrite the drive and bring it to the state it left
the factory.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer