Changing the JVM that Tomcat uses

Sessoms, Mack zac9 at cdc.gov
Thu May 27 10:11:01 UTC 2004

can all of the rpm's for java and tomcat be removed from FC2?  If so,
i'd like to know which ones.  I'm having major problems getting tomcat
5.x to run consistently under FC2.  I didn't have the problems until
FC2T3 (T2 was fine).  I can't get tomcat 5.x, or any other java app.,
to run at all since fc2t2 using the ibm sdk 141.  I can get tomcat 5.x
and other java apps to at least start when i use the sun sdk 1.4.1_04,
but when i stress test tomcat 5.x with this sdk, tomcat falls over
within 15 - 20 minutes with out of memory errors (http11Processor)
reported in catalina.out